CleanWhite™ Antimicrobial LED Lighting
MotiveLighting’s CleanWhite solution is a breakthrough in safe, continuous, and rapid surface disinfection. Scientists have long recognized the threat of surface microbes as a major disease vector.
As the CleanWhite fixture illuminates, it continuously kills new surface microbes and suppresses the regrowth of biofilms.
CleanWhite visible light disinfection technology is safe for humans and pets. While disinfecting, CleanWhite wavelengths don’t affect or degrade any underlying surface materials or textiles.
The science of visible light disinfection has been studied and repeatedly proven effective microbial species and pathogens in academic journals and peer-reviewed studies for decades.
CleanWhite is the first system that can continually disinfect and destroy surface microbes – even those contained within persistent biofilms
motiveLighting’s CleanWhite kills surface pathogens using spikes of precise wavelengths, at 405nm and at 470nm. Numerous studies have shown that these specific wavelengths, although safe for humans, have the ability to destroy microbes through various mechanisms, resulting in cell membrane damage – through catalyzed oxidation, permeability and leakage, and ion-pump dysfunction.
- CleanWhite only emits safe, visible white light, which includes “blue light” antimicrobial energy
- Unlike other visible light surface disinfection systems, CleanWhite can emit antimicrobial light wavelengths at highly effective doses – without emitting visible purple-violet light
- CleanWhite only uses 405nm+470nm antimicrobial wavelength spikes; motiveLighting’s patented chips suppress harmful blue light wavelengths between 410-460 nanometers
- Because harmful blue light wavelengths are suppressed, CleanWhite lights are safer than most lighting fixtures – especially commercial LED fixtures, which can emit harmful blue wavelengths
- CleanWhite Kills most latent surface microbes within the first few hours, then continuously suppresses re-growth. The two wavelengths (405+470) increase efficacy in shorter durations
- CleanWhite is also available as part of an integrated device solution sold as Air Guardian Plus©
- CleanWhite solutions include impurity-free polymer lenses, which eliminate reflection of dose wavelengths back into the fixture
Standard to custom configurations
CleanWhite fixtures are available for commercial, retail, healthcare, transportation, hospitality, and other industries. While several types of in-plenum fixtures are available, such as standard 2’x2′ and 2’x4′ troffer and panel lights, motiveLighting can also produce custom fixtures for nearly any design. Our U.S manufacturing facility has been asked to produce custom fixtures for nearly every industry.
motiveLighting’s CleanWhite panel fixture is also found as an integrated component of the motiveLighting Air Guardian Plus fixture, which provides simultaneous and continuous air and surface disinfection.
Microbial kill times
The CleanWhite breakthrough is the ability to apply a continuous, safe, but substantial dose of antimicrobial energy, between 30-120 joules/cm2.
Operating continuously, these dose energies can rapidly kill or inactivate bacteria, yeast, mold, and some viral species – even in biofilm form. In a contaminated space, the time needed for high Log-reduction is between four to twenty-four hours, depending on the species and colony counts.
Many species of bacteria and microbes are reduced in high Log levels within 3-4 hours. Studies by MacLean et al., 2009, show that ESKAPE pathogens, a set of highly dangerous organisms such as A. baumannii, S. aureus, P. aeruginosa, E. coli, enterococci, and K. pneumoniae can be destroyed or inactivated by approximately 300 joules/cm2. This represents a total absorbed dose.
Only CleanWhite technology, which can persistently deliver a dose of up to 120 joules/cm2, can provide enough dose energy to destroy those same pathogens within just a few hours.
As an effective last stand against resistant pathogens, many of which are listed by the CDC and the WHO as global human threats.[CleanWhite is a breakthrough technology – it can killmany of these dangerous threats within just a few hours, and continually protect surfaces and occupants.
The following list demonstrates CleanWhite’s ability to kill surface pathogens. This is not a complete or exhaustive list.